Thursday 17 January 2013

Climbing Everest

I am getting monthly sometimes weekly questions through our website about climbing Everest. It is very hard to explain every emotion, part of the mountain, training, funding, preparation, team work and experience you go through when climbing Mt. Everest. That is one reason I was so keen to film as much as possible. Filming before, during and after to get a real feel for my and our unique experience of Climbing Mt. Everest. 

That is the main point here, your experience is everything when you want to climb on big mountains like Everest, you need as much experience of climbing, equipment and most importantly Altitude, how you perform on other mountains, like Island peak, Denali, Aconcagua, Cho Oyu, Elbrus, Mt. Blanc. Only then will you know how you perform and learn and grow in knowledge and experience to get you to Everest or other Big Mountains over 8,000m. Our Everest experience is recorded in our Everest DVD  'A summit calling' it is available if you would like a copy please e-mail me

I will also be posting a written transcript of an interview I did with RingJohn.com in 2012 on our website. I will also post it here once I have the full transcript. 

Instead of me babbling on about Everest, I will post the interview and comments and questions are always welcome. 

The picture above is me coming down the Hillary Step on Everest May 23rd 2008. 

2 comments:

  1. Ian, incredible photo of Hilary Step. I have written a book about Everest (www.readitthru.com) and grew up with Charlotte Fox who was on Scott Fishers team on May10-11, 1996. May I have your permission to use your photo for my Book Display Stand. I will promise to give the photographer the credit on the photo. Thanks Guy Andrews yug50505@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Climbing to Everest has always been a dream to conquer one day. I need to prepare physically and mentally for it. I have been upto Everest Base Camp Everest Base Camp . And during my trek to EBC I stayed to one of the Best Lodges in Everest. :) This was indeed the most memorable time for me.

    ReplyDelete