Friday 11 January 2013

Off to Glendalough


When I was a child we used to walk here and loved it, when I was in my teenage years I wasn't bothered, but in my Twenties I came to love Glendalough again. When I was training for Everest I used to trek around these mountains on a weekly basis. Over the space of a year I would build up from carrying 5kg to 25kg around these hills for 5 - 8 hours.

We lived in Lahinch in the west of Ireland for the past few years and moving to the states it has been and is going to be difficult to find time for Glendalough. I got engaged here, and love this place.

Anyway we are heading out for a 9km Trek tomorrow in preparation for an up coming Kilimanjaro trek in February. I will take some pictures and post them in a couple of days.

Just back from a great afternoon is Glendalough, I will upload some pictures tomorrow. It was a sad morning  as we said goodbye to a friend and Irish Legend Ian Mc Keever. Ian was the world record holder in 2007 for the speed record on the 7 summits, climbed Everest, an Atlantic rowing attempt, load of other world records and leading climbs on Kilimanjaro. He will be sadly missed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment